Imagine a unified web platform that covers all aspects of day-to-day life at schools. Everyone – teachers, kids, parents and the school's administration – can logon to a central web site and receive the latest information, e.g., on changes in the timetable, on the grade of today's test – or simply on the menu for tomorrow. Sounds like a long way off? Not any longer. Munich-based startup Cultoria GmbH has introduced Anton, the unique web platform that enables schools to provide their stakeholders with all services mentioned above – and many more.
The story behind
With Anton, Cultoria aims to revolutionize the communication between teachers, kids, parents and the school's administration, increase transparency in the stakeholders' relations and improve efficiency in handling schools' administrative tasks. Consequently, Anton includes, among other features, a fully integrated solution for managing timetables across the school, an intelligent document management module, an online scheduling function, as well as a digital class register with the possibility to connect tablet PCs to it. However, this is only one part of the whole story. Every feature of Anton is sophistically arranged around the central idea of an optimal communication among all those involved. Thus, for example, teachers may not only save their documents online, but can also share them among their fellow colleagues, or assign them to students as homework. Changes in the timetable are immediately communicated to everyone involved – parents, kids, and teachers. News originating from the digital class register (e.g., absences) are made available instantly to the relevant persons. And so on. And so on. Welcome in the school of the 21st century!
Benefits for everyone
- have always complete and up-to-date informations about their classes, subjects and students
- may leverage the integrated schedule for appointments and to-dos
- are now able to easily manage and communicate students' grades
- benefit from the integrated document management system
- can eliminate administrative overhead by using the digital class register
- now can get an overview of all their due dates and tasks in a structured and up-to-date manner
- may directly access their personal grades online
- have necessary information and documents for their courses always available
- can contact their teachers directly for a clarifying chat
- are now provided with an overview of their child's performance in school
- may easily get in touch with their child's teachers
- receive instant information about their child's absences
- can easily arrange a personal appointment with a teacher
ventureworks is proud to assist Culturia with the following services, among others:
- Technical Consulting, e.g., feasibility analysis
- Permanent partner for IT-related matters, e.g., providing CRM tools & services for leveraging sales
About Cultoria GmbH
Behind Cultoria GmbH, headquartered near Munich, Germany, stands a team comprised of students of the University of St. Gallen and the Catholic University Eichstätt-Ingolstadt. The company was founded in April 2011. In May 2011, it received significant funding from a renowned, Germany-based business angel.